WAXING 101: THE PERFECT BROWS
Thinking about waxing? It’s one of the most common methods for hair removal and in skilled hands is a great way to get the eyebrows you’ve always wanted.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your waxing session and facts for first-timers.
- Don’t use toner before you get a wax. Toner tightens your pores, and will make it harder for the wax to get the hair out.
- An added benefit to waxing is that it’s a great exfoliator.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine before your waxing appointment. Stimulants make your skin more sensitive. Choose water instead.
- Also, skip the OJ a few days before your wax. Excess acid in your body makes your skin more sensitive.
- Don’t ice your skin. The hot wax will counteract the numbing/cooling effect and the ice will tighten your pores. The wax will actually hurt more.
- Waxing will not make your hair grow back thicker or darker.
- If you’re new to waxing, ask your waxing specialist to wax a test small area on your wrist or arm to see how your skin will react.
- Certain medications and skincare products can elevate sensitivity to waxing. Consulting with your waxing professional is important for best results.
At Hair Company, we offer facial waxing only. This includes eyebrows, lips, chin, or full facial waxing.
We use GiGi waxing products.